Fairy Lake Trail
(40 mins) This can be done as a loop by walking back along the highway or you can return along the trail. There is parking available at each end of the trail. It’s typically preferred to park along The Pacific Marine Circle Route and hike towards the lake. This is a very diverse second growth forest with towering trees everywhere. It’s a relatively flat trail and can be managed easily. Hikers will have to cross Fairy Creek along the way. This is easily done in the summer when water levels are low. Crossing can be manageable in the shoulder seasons too.
- Zero your odometer at the beach house.
- Drive the same route as if you were driving towards Lake Cowichan. (Over the San Juan River Bridge)
- At 1.9km veer right where the road splits.
- At 3.4km you will have just crossed a one lane bridge and arrived at an intersection. Turn Right.
- At 5.7km the trailhead will be on your right hand side.